Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rear-ended, bumpy foot, brainfarts and late night evangelism

So it's been a weird couple of weeks, busy wouldn't begin to describe it. I don't feel like I'm stressed out, because the only pressure on myself is from me, but I honestly feel like too much is going in too quickly and my brain can't contain it all. I have been forgetting things right and left...even words!! uh, yeah..."that thing, that thing you sit in...you know...uggg!" "Chair?" "Yes! Chair, that's it!" And of course it all starts falling out of my ear at about 2am when I wake up in a cold sweat, sit straight up and scream, "applesauce!" because I forgot to get it at the store. K, maybe stressed would be a good word to use. :) With YL Banquet, taking on this new staff position, a concert event I've been planning, plus club and helping leaders and committee, plus bible study, soccer (x5/wk), gymnastics, church, MOPS, volunteering at the school (x2/wk), kid's choir, plus my husband is usually MIA because of work...it's just a lot.

My daughter's bday is this weekend too, and I feel like I'm forgetting to do something big, but I can't put my finger on it. But as long as there is cake she'll be...OH CRAP, CAKE!!!!!

Ha. just kidding.

But poor thing stepped in an ant-bed last week at school and because she's so allergic, she had to miss two days of school. It's so much better now, but her foot looks like she's had the measles. :(

Well, and then on Sunday nite coming back from kid's choir we got rear-ended. Guy just drove up underneath my car. I just got a scratched up bumper with his paint smeared everywhere, but bless his heart he came out of it with a crushed hood, smashed grill and passenger door that wouldn't open. I think it was a brand new infiniti too. Bummer of a way to squash $50k. Hopefully the insurance will all work out without anything going wrong.

But my stress and the events of this past week, plus my father in law is back in the hospital for his colon, my son asked me the other day why all of this was happening, and he gave me his thoughts on it.

The other night I just couldn't sleep so I stayed up surfing the boob tube and found this guy, Joel Osteen. I was hooked, but I'm assuming at 3am an infomercial for one of those boob-enlarging creams would have kept my focus just as much. But God didn't stall me on the boob cream channel, but this one and the message was great. It spoke about how we can sometimes feel that we are limited by things that have happened to us, or maybe even things we were born with. We think of them as liabilities, but when we give them to God, they can become assets.

I know in my life I can look at all that may be tumbling around me at any given time and say, "I can't." because of what I'm dealing with. But I know that He can restore and use anything for His glory.

So, I'm going to take my flatulent brain, my daughters beautiful bumpy foot and get in my scratched and dented car and do what I know He wants me too, whatever that may be. And the conversations with my son about topics like these always gives me more than I came to the table with. I know sometimes with the way my mind works I start to think stuff like this happens because of what I've done...or haven't done. But my son, in his wise age of 9 helped me to remember that God is trying to train us, trying to get us ready to use us and we shouldn't be scared about bad things happening. He's right.

Verse to ponder: John 9:3 - "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

No comments: