Over the last couple of weeks, I've got to spend some much needed quality time with my little girl. With everything that her big brother is involved in, and Dusty working two jobs and my job and volunteering, plus coaching, lil J doesn't get to be the center of attention as much as she (and I, admittedly) would like her to be.
Well, last week she went under for dental work. I was a wreck!! But by the grace of God, she came through it just fine, and such a trooper! She is so determined and strong and independent, just like her stubborn mama and her strong grandma. :)
But this weekend, in the busy-ness of getting prepared for two games, me singing on Sunday, YL leader meeting, getting prepared for our upcoming YL banquet, etc., Jaedyn got a fever. Then she got diagnosed with strep. During this time, my "big man" went on his 5th grade class trip to Sky Ranch.
Since Saturday, I've gotten to snuggle with my little girl (something she doesn't do regularly because she's "busy" or only does it for a second). I've had the chance to read book after book with her (she can read!! Like overnight, it clicked! She went from "A" level books in class to chapter books in like a week!!), watch movies, cuddle, hold hands, smooch!, and generally enjoy being together as she stayed home from school. When we went to the Dr., we were waiting in the room and I was counting the precious freckles on her face. Many months before, I had told her that freckles were angel's kisses, and that's why she had so many! So, this day, without talking about angels, as I was counting, she said, "Mom, can you kiss my nose so I'll have more freckles?" I said, "Oh...! Baby,? Are you saying Mommy is an angel?" She grinned wide and shook her head yes, her gorgeous little eyes twinkling!
I wasn't excited for Jaedyn to have to go under in a dentist office, and obviously I didn't want her to get strep, but I see how even through these things God's at work in our lives. My daughter and I got to bond again and spend sweet time together -time I miss with a big lump in my throat today because she's back at school - and this morning, she read her first bible verse all on her own! As she sounded out the words, and read aloud, on her own His word for the first time, I thought I would cry!! She beamed from ear to ear after and said, "Now I can read His words!"
It doesn't get any better than that...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment