Wednesday, April 16, 2008

He gives in ABUNDANCE!

God is good. I know we should know that. I know we aren't supposed to doubt it, at least not as much as I find myself doubting it.

Dusty's job situation was looking scary since the first of the year, long story short he lost pay for silly reasons and it was putting us in a pretty good strain with this struggling economy. I have been so discontent since this had happened because I wanted to find a way to help financially, but with the 4 days notice he was given half-way through the school year, finding a part-time job that would make enough to pay for day care or have the minimum hours to allow me to take and pick up the kids and still have Jaedyn Monday and Friday just wasn't happening. I finally gave the matter up to my MOPS group and closest friends and family to help me pray for. Over a month ago I emailed the Young Life Directors in Allen to ask questions about becoming a Volunteer leader. I didn't know if I was equipped, of course, like I mentioned, I was full of doubt. And it's a VOLUNTEER position, so it wouldn't help my home situation, but still I felt led. I started a bible study, prayed everyday, made a commitment to read His word everyday (not part of my previous routine). Yesterday I went to the meeting and I told you (in the last blog) about how I feel God was making His voice heard. Well, he gives in Abundance!!

Not only did Dusty get his old position back, but got a dollar raise, and I found out this afternoon that he just found out how his whole crew got a bonus of about $300. PLUS, they want him to start Monday, instead of the end of the month AND they want him to do it the Sunday through Thursday shift, thereby giving him automatic Sunday time and a half, plus he'll still have the option to coach Zach's soccer team and go to church with us on Sunday.

GOD IS GOOD!!!

2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

That is just so fantastic Brittany! I am very happy for you!

jaxmom said...

Sounds like everything is falling into place! I'm so glad to hear it!