Monday, August 4, 2008

Now go blow something up!

What's weird is I usually have no idea what I'm going to write about next on here. It just comes most times as I open this page and start to type. However, something is brewing and I feel like I've just hit the tip of this iceberg, and I'll probably continue to write more as it progresses...

I have been reading Ted Dekker books (AMAZING Christian Fantasy/Fiction/Suspense Writer) for some time now. The most recent I finished last night was Saint. In it, one of the characters says to the other, "Once born into childlike faith, brimming with belief, typical people begin to lose their faith. Society mocks them. Their friends smirk. They come to change the world, but over time the world changes them. Soon they forget who they were; they forget the faith they once had. Then one day someone tells them the truth, but they don't want to go back because they are comfortable in their new skin. Being a stranger in this world is never easy. Look at me, I should know. Don't feel sorry for yourself.."

Also there has been a song I keep hearing from a group called BarlowGirl. The song is called Million Voices. Some of the lyrics are:
Tell me who’d have thought that we would be so controversial
And stand up against the normal
Are we too outspoken, loud, and messing up the comfortable
Well we’ve been messed up also
Yeah, yeah

But how can we be silent
When a fire burns inside of us

Chorus :
‘Cause we’re a million strong and getting stronger still
They’ll remember we here
With a million voices breaking silence till
They’ll remember we were here
PAUSE THE MUSIC TO THE LEFT TO HEAR THE SONG...

Then this past Sunday, our Pastor talked about 'fanning the flame', being on fire. At the end of his speech, several (I'm guessing over 30) people walked forward to pray together. He talked about how biblically, we are all dynamite. Together we should be lighting this world ablaze! He ended saying, "Now go blow something up!"

In YL so much has happened, with the girls I'm with, but also with me. There is a fire, one I've been keeping contained, within me. But we weren't put here to see how small we can make our fire - and it's not what I intend to do.

The truth of the matter is, I'm just a small blip on the radar, but I was created to be a part of the whole puzzle. After I'm gone, my name will just be a memory, and soon after no one will think of me. It is what it is. But if I take what I have, my God given talents, my resources, my faith and DO SOMETHING with it, maybe I'll leave a legacy, maybe they won't remember me, but they'll remember what I did for Him. I'll leave a mark. That's all that I think He asks of me, and that's all that I want to do. My life is flying by these days, one day runs into the next and what do I have to show for it. Am I loving, giving, helping, serving, reaching, teaching? I don't get these precious moments back and leaving here without anyone noticing is unacceptable. (1 Timothy 1:7) "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

I feel like I'm running out of time. My time here, all of our time here, is a 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it' tick mark relative to the time line of all humanity. I'm wasting my time! I know just as much as the next guy that I'm not doing what I should be doing, I'm not doing all of what He has asked of me to do. It's like I'm living thinking this time all belongs to me. But in reality, I'm living on borrowed time. I want to stand in front of the creator who sent me and be able to let him know how I accomplished, or at least attempted His mission for me. I want to hear Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

It starts today.

Verses to Ponder: 2 Timothy 1:6 "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God..."

Romans 12:6-8 "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

No comments: